Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Saying goodbye to the worst job imaginable.

So I just quit a job so terrible that it made my time at burger king seem like a cakewalk. So the job sold me as a marketing gig. But in all honesty when I walked into the office I knew this was not going to be like any job I've ever had. End result was a job where I had to walk for over ten hours a day. The job was slave hours 12hr days 6 days a week for all commission. I am not above any type of work, but when a job pays like shit and stops me from doing what I came out here to do then it's a problem. I did meet a ton of cool people while on the job though. So the job wasn't all bad. But I do have his bullet point of the things that happened on the job.

*Was offered sex for a dodger ticket
*Got my phone stolen by an evangelical gardener
*Tried to sell Dodger tickets inside of a homeless shelter
*Was publicly berated numerous times (although that was pretty funny).
*Had racial slurs hurled at me
*A family was murdered a few blocks hit style a few blocks from where I was working
*and a ton of other fun stuff!

So all in all I had a pretty exciting time in the job. But I am glad it's over and at least I got a great show idea out of the job. I wish all who stayed the best of luck. Keep fighting the good fight and don't believe the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment