Thursday, February 25, 2010

Saints Win Super Bowl aka I Can Die A Happy Man.

When the Saints won the super bowl, I was able to finally put the horrendous 2009 behind me and start fresh in 2010. I had been waiting for the victory my entire life. I have been a Saints fan for my entire life and it was no easy journey.

We didn't win our first playoff game until I was in High School. We dealt with Mike Ditka as head coach, Heath Shuler-Kerry Collins at QB, numerous botched draft choices, etc. I never wore a paper bag, nor did I answer to the nickname Aints. I hated the thought Saints fans would hide themselves in shame. I bought a pair of Saints tennis shoes from Wal-Mart when they had a horrible season. I order New Orleans Saints cakes for four separate birthdays.

Side note: The cake is the worst cake imaginable. The black icing makes it taste like ass and cigarette ashes.

But the fact that in my ripe age of 24 I got to get shit faced, piss on the streets of Hollywood Blvd drunk and watch the Saints come from behind and win the super bowl is without a doubt the happiest moment I could ever have.

Nothing will ever top that moment, but I will have to get close with my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment